Board index Onkyo Europe Home Theater Systems TX-NR656 BlueTooth & multi zone questions

TX-NR656 BlueTooth & multi zone questions

Hello everyone,
New user with this AV amplifier, I mainly have now 2 questions with this device :

1- Is it possible to use a Bluetooth headset that plays audio in stereo while the home theater's HP channels work normally?

2- I would like to output analogue stereo audio from the outputs "Line Out - Zone 2" but line 6 of the configuration menu (Multi-zone) is desperately grayed out?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Hi jangai,

it is not possible to connect an BT Headphone with the TX-NR656, there you need an BT Transmitter then.

You must choose in the setup menu SPEAKERS --> SPEAKER CONFIGURATION --> ZONESPEAKER --> Zone2

Then the line 6 will not grayed out.

Best Regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Onkyo_Support wrote:
You must choose in the setup menu SPEAKERS --> SPEAKER CONFIGURATION --> ZONESPEAKER --> Zone2
Then the line 6 will not grayed out.

Thank you : it works fine just as you say.
In fact, I had hoped that activating Zone 2 without connecting speakers on their 2 outputs would be enough to output the stereo audio to the 2 Cinch jacks on the rear panel (next to the subwoofer output) for being able to connect the input of my Senheiser radio headset and listen in both the headphones and the speakers in zone 1.

My real need would be to simultaneously listen my sources on the 5.1 speakers and on my HiFi headphones which, if I connect it to the front panel headphone output, cut the output for the main 5.1 speakers.

Currently, I have only this idea (the stereo output zone 2 of the rear panel) to try to solve this problem ...

Your suggestions will be welcomed,
Regards

Hi jangai,

thanks for the reply. You can connect your Sennheiser Headphone with the Zone2 Line Out, but you cannot hear then the Sound from TV.
You can Only send analog signals to Zone2, tuner, net. If you have connectet an device with Digital Coaxial or Digital Optical, then you must set the Audio Output from this device (for Example BD Player) to PCM!!

HDMI Signals are not possible.

Best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Return to Home Theater Systems