Board index Onkyo Europe Receivers 2015 receievers (TX-SR343 and higher models) Receiver keeps turning on TV and starting AccuEQ calibration

Receiver keeps turning on TV and starting AccuEQ calibration

Hi!

I have bought a brand new TX-NR646 receiver a couple of weeks ago as a part of the extended warranty program (had a dead TX NR-414). Everything was working fine, but three days ago problems started to emerge. There are multiple problems:
1. when the receiver is turned off, it randomly turns on and in effect turns on the TV as well. this is unacceptable, especially if I am not at home. always starts AccuEQ calibration when it does that.
2. when the receiver is turned on, it randomly reverts to AccuEQ calibration mode and insists on performing it through. It blocks all other operations in meantime, it is not possible to cancel or exit it. It does not matter that everything was already calibrated approx. 20 times by now, it occurs couple of times per day constantly and I have found no trigger for it.
3. sometimes when watching TV it reverts to AccuEQ calibration with no possibility to exit it

My setup is such:
- 5.1 Onkyo speakers
- Samsung TV connected to MAIN HDMI out with ARC
- PS4 connected to Game port on reciever
- set top box connected to HDMI CBL/SAT
- digital coaxial connected from PC computer and set to PHONO (also tried with others). no video source configured for it.

I have tried performing hard reset and clearing all configuration properties but the problems persist. Is my unit defective? Or how can I fix the issues at hand? THe problem seems to be random AccuEQ calibrations, why do they start?

edit: also, when the AccuEQ calibration starts randomly, if I plug the mic in and then out, then it exits the setup. is it possible that the mic in port is picking up false signals? can i disable it somehow?

Hi milankoko,

the problems come from the Samsung TV. Its the HDMI CEC Control from the Samsung Anynet Option.
Please disconnect the HDMI connection between the TV and AV Receiver, deactivate CEC and ARC by the Onkyo AV and by the TV and by all devices they are connectet with the AV Receiver.

Then make the Factory Reset by the Onkyo please again.
Connect the HDMI Cables with the devices, and make your Setup again.
Then activate first ARC on your TV and the other devices, and at last by the Onkyo Receiver.

Then controll it that it works. In the worst case you must deactivate the CEC and ARC function from the TV and must bring the sound from the tv with an Digital Optical cable to the AV Receiver.

Samsung makes problems with their HDMI Control funktion. They switch on Receivers at night and often they make more problems with AV´s.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

The recommended fix to turn off only CEC is not possible, because it is not possible to turn off only CEC without turning off the ARC as well. And this is not an option. Also, the TV does not turn on only at night but randomly at any time. Also, I believe your analysis is wrong because I used the same Samsung TV with the same cables on model NR-414 without any problems. ARC worked flawlessly. Problems arose only with the new unit NR-646 on the same setup, and only after two weeks of use.

Hi milankoko,

hmm ok, then please get in conact with an Onkyo Service Point , that the device can be checked by an Technician.

You'll find an address list of Onkyo Authorized Service Center here:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/authorised-s ... s-378.html

Please get in contact and make an appointment for the device to be checked.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Return to 2015 receievers (TX-SR343 and higher models)