Board index Onkyo Europe Receivers 2015 receievers (TX-SR343 and higher models) TX-NR646 HDMI Issues

TX-NR646 HDMI Issues

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I previously had a 609 that the audio died on and opted via the customer care program to purchase a 646 at the reduced price of £200 at the end of October 2016. Almost immediately I had intermittent issues with the HDMI inputs dropping off and either getting a black screen for a few seconds or static for a few seconds. On various inputs, but as it was wasn't happening all the time let it pass. Over the last couple of weeks this issue has now escalated to happening on whichever input is active and every few minutes. This makes it impossible to watch or do anything with the unit.
Two Onkyo units, over £700 spent on these and nothing to show for it.

Googling the issue and reading these forums it seems that HDMI board failure is common.

I have tried to call the customer care line in the UK (0208 836 3510) several times last week and this week and have yet to get though to speak to anyone. On hold for up to 20 minutes each time before I hang up. Getting really frustrated.

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:14 am

Hi Spookyville,

that sound like an handshake problem with the other devices they are connected with the AV Receiver.
Please use an HDMI Cable that supports 18Gbps with 600MHz Bandwidth.

Try this and it will be better.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

All my HDMI cables support that. They were not cheap. I can't accept that 6 quality HDMI cables are at fault in this matter when the have been mostly fine and thee issue is deteriorating rapidly.

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Spookyville,

if they really have this description with 18Gbps by 600MHz Bandwidh, you can only bring the AV Receiver to an support center, that the unit can be checked by an technician.
You'll find an address list of Onkyo Authorized Service Center here:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/authorised-s ... s-378.html

Please get in contact and make an appointment for the device to be checked.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Return to 2015 receievers (TX-SR343 and higher models)