Board index Onkyo Europe CUSTOMER REQUESTS Delayed playback TX-NR535

Delayed playback TX-NR535

The go-to place for all support comments and requests regarding Onkyo Products. Please understand this is intended only for product support suggestions/ requests only (what features/ options you'd like to see implemented on your current/ future Onkyo product(s)).

Post Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:27 pm

Hello,

I use a Humax ihdr5200 as a .mp3 playback devide thru HDMI. But when I a select a number for playback the first 0,5 - 1 second is not played. The song 'suddenly' starts missing the beginning. That's a bit odd in my opinion.
Searchin the internet, some said it was because the receiver had to determine which datatype to use. But wouldn't it be much nicer if the receive did the datatype selection in verbose mode and than start playing the .mp3 from the beginning?

Rob

Post Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Rob,

you're right. The receiver needs some time to detect the input signal. The only way to make this faster is to use in example 9. Source Setup -> Audio Selector -> PCM if your Humax receiver is set to PCM audio out.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Are there any plans that Onkyo is going to fix this in new firmware? That the song is played from the beginning, delayed or not...

Post Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:14 am

Hello Rob,

I forward it to our engineers. Let's see what happens.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:45 am

Same issue with TX-NR656 and a PC as hdmi source . But in my case it is multi-channel PCM and the "PCM fixed" option does not work for 5.1 LPCM HDMI audio

On an other forum (only one USA) on user reported that some video game boxes like Nintendo NES mini are suffering from this issue as in a game silence can occur at any time and then the next sound will be cut off !

Could the receiver maintain the last type of signal detected (or could it be an option?)

Please fix this !

Post Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:49 am

It looks like a common issue, and since I still can't find any solution I guess I'll return back my receiver, because this is unacceptable for me. My previous receiver (TX-NR515) works pretty well and now I think it wasn't good idea for upgrade, because in this case it's definitely downgrade.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1291

and also found this topic and same problem with even more expensive onkyo receiver: http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/th ... em.106122/

Post Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Maron,

we will solve the issue with an update.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Return to CUSTOMER REQUESTS