Board index Onkyo Europe Receivers Pre-2011 receivers TX-SR604E Problems - Firmware

TX-SR604E Problems - Firmware

Post Sat May 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi. I recently got 2pcs of SR604E models. Both are working - playing music, picture through HDMI's, but i have problems with PCM 7.1 sound played through PC and HDMI.
Problem is HDMI board in one of them, because after swapping other HDMI both work as they should - PCM Multichannel is recognized, so DSP and other IC's are working fine in both. On this problematic HDMI receiver is trying to recognize signal but fails - HDMI blinks many times and nothing. Picture is all the time fine.
I checked Firmware version in service menu and working HDMI has version: 1.01/06X03A and the not working is 1.00/06607A so i think that's the problem. This not working 100% fine board has simply older Firmware.
Hdmi board has some additional port i think to programm new firmware.
Does support or somebody else have Firmware for this model... and could upload it and some information about programming/device? I think some bulletin in PDF was available at some point in history, because one receiver has newer Soft inside HDMI board, so somebody must have updated it ;) This is not very expensive stuff, so sending it somewhere would be not very economic.
Thanks.

Post Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:11 am

Hi Elektron,

for an software update, you must bring your receiver to an Onkyo Service Center. By this model it must be installed by an technician.
You'll find an address list of Onkyo Authorized Service Center here:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/authorised-s ... s-378.html

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 pm

And how much this will cost? Because if it's big money i don't think it would be good option form me ;)
Can't i buy tool from you and program it myself?
And maybe you could tell me how to be your authorised or approved servicing place? Or maybe you could direct me where to ask and get more information about it?

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi,

it stands all in the answer below, but here the link with the Onkyo Service Center again:

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/authorised-s ... s-378.html

Call one of them and they can say you the Price and other Information.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Return to Pre-2011 receivers