Board index Onkyo Europe Onkyo Remote Apps TX-8150 & Remote 3 & iOS9: no connection

TX-8150 & Remote 3 & iOS9: no connection

Post Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:38 am

I just have my TX-8150 (network stereo receiver): I'm very satisfied. I'm facing a major problem with the Remote 3 app: on my Ipad Air 2 with (iOS 9 update) connection fails. It shows the right device and IP address and I have followed all the advice given for no connection: in vain. What now?

I found out that I'm not alone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdHkfZDMO0

Hi riji,

This workaround may also help you out:
- Delete the Spotify App
- Switch the smartphone off
- Switch off the internet router (unplug it from power)
- Reset the receiver with

Holding down Tuning Mode button on the unit while pressing ON / STANDBY on the unit. "Clear" will appear on the display and the unit returns to the standby mode.

- Turn on the router
- Turn on the smartphone
- Wait until your network is ready
- Reinstall the Spotify App
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Still crashing... 22 NOV 2015!!!!!!

Hi,
With interest I also look for a solution to this problem... :cry:
I was very happy with my tx 8150 - everything went very well. With the Remote App3 I was able to control TuneIn, Airplay, Streaming of Radio.de etc.
But when I had plugged-in the DAB coaxial cable and started the Remote App again, I had the same problem as showed in the quoted youtube video above. Until today I am not longer able to control my Receiver with the App.
This is not the quality I experience from Onkyo for more than 30 years.
Cheers!

Joh

Same problem for me. I have the TX-8150 running and start the Remote3 App on my iPad4, model MD514GP/A with iOS Version 8.4.1 and the 8150 crashes into hybrid-standby mode. Just like in the youtube video. It cannot be controlled anymore by pressing any buttons, only a power disconnect and reconnect with bootup gives back the control. The Remote3 App goes in a search mode and never finds the 8150 again unless I stop the App and look again after the 8150 has finished rebooting. This can be reproduced as many times as one cares to do so.

The 8150 is connected via WiFi.
I updated to the new firmware Version 1030-1000-0000 but get the same result.
I tested with Bluetooth on and off and get the same result in both cases.

Spotify was installed on my iPad. The workaround as suggested by Onkyo_support in this thread solved the problem. However I have not performed the last step of reinstalling Spotify. Instead of that last step I performed the following steps:
- Power on the 8150
- Turn on Wifi via the settings menu
- Scan and configure Wifi
- Played Internet radio to make sure the Internet connection works
- Start the Remote3 App
no crash anymore, works very well now.

The big question is if I install Spotify on my iPad again will I run into the same problem again?
Is Onkyo working on solving this problem for the future?

Thanks,
Joh

6 moths later at still not fixed: a shame!

Hi riji,

you still have the problem? After the installation of the latest firmware you have to reset the unit in order to fix the problem.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Onkyo_Support wrote:
Hi riji,

This workaround may also help you out:
- Delete the Spotify App
- Switch the smartphone off
- Switch off the internet router (unplug it from power)
- Reset the receiver with

Holding down Tuning Mode button on the unit while pressing ON / STANDBY on the unit. "Clear" will appear on the display and the unit returns to the standby mode.

- Turn on the router
- Turn on the smartphone
- Wait until your network is ready
- Reinstall the Spotify App

This answer was misleading because it implies that Spotify App was the cause.
I never had a Spotify app on my iPhone or IPad and therefore I have never applied your proposal.
Now I've done solely a reset of the TX-8150 and the Remote App worked immediately.
I conclude that after the firmware update (1030-1000-0000) a reset of the TX-8150 is obligated to be able to run the Remote app and this should have been mentioned in the release notes.
I now have a new problem: before the reset in "Setup - 4 - Source: Name Edit" it was possible to give the input sources an appropriate name: I do not find this anymore?

Hi riji,

sorry for that. The Name setting is still available. But you can't change the settings for NET or DAB/FM.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Sorry, but since I did a reset, I can no longer navigate within Setup - 4 - Source.
At IntelliVolume I can not use the arrow down to go to Name Edit.
I want to give back the input sources their name from before the reset ...

Next

Return to Onkyo Remote Apps