Board index Onkyo Europe Onkyo Remote Apps Remote 3 - Album Art

Remote 3 - Album Art

Post Fri May 29, 2015 4:00 pm

Hi,

I cannot get the remote 3 app to work correctly with Album Art. I either get no art at all or random album Art. I am using the app to stream music from my NAS drive using either Plex or Twonky as the DLNA servers. In each case if I use Plex/Twonky web instances the Album and artist art is correct. It is also correct using iTunes.

With this exception the remote 3 is a big stride forward

Can you please provide guidance or suggest an alternative app.

Cheers

Ian

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:13 am

Hi Ian,

does your mp3 files contain the cover art or the folder? Normaly we only provide cover art when it is in the ID3 tag. What version of Twonky media server do you use?
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,

Twonky server version 8.0.2.0 - I think that is the latest available for QNAP NAS.

Re album art - I am using iTunes, that appears to automatically create a folder called Album Art at the same folder level as iTunes media. Is there an option to change this?

Regards

Ian

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:08 am

Hi Ian,

unfortunately the receiver can't do the connection to a folder with album arts. I don't know how to change this in iTunes. Maybe there is another software for this?
Kind regards
Customer Care

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:27 am

Hi,

Reading the forums on this a separated folder for album art is the way that all the systems are going. This includes SONOS that moved to reading the Itunes Album art folder recently.

Moving to reading the folder allows scaling and dramatically reduces the space requirements for album art across a media collection.

Can I ask that Onkyo look at adding this capability to the next release as I believe that many customers would appreciate this

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:25 am

Hello Ian,

I'll forward it to our developers.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for that. Would you be able to let me know if it is accepted or rejected for future releases so that I know if it is coming

Thanks

Ian

Return to Onkyo Remote Apps