Board index Onkyo Europe Onkyo Remote Apps Android remote app issues

Android remote app issues

Post Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:36 am

Hi,

I have tried different Onkyo android remote apps and none of them work properly. It is either crashing during start or cannot connect to the device (TX-NR656). Using manual IP address does not work either. From android app feedback you can see there are other users reporting similar behavior even for other Onkyo models.

When you will fix android remote app or release a new firmware for TX-NR656?

Thanks,
Marian

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi Marian.
I had the same problem before I realise the WiFi I was using with my phone was not inside the same network as the Onkyo device. The app was seaching the Onkyo player and abort ...
It's good since I change the WiFi network on my phone runing the remote app.
Enjoy.
--
Mnzaou

Post Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:32 pm

I have the same issue of connection since app has been updated in feb.
Previous version worked well, but since I have updated to Ver 1.2.1(170209a), App cannot connect to my NR656. I tried with IP, no success.

I am quite sure developpers have introduce a regression in APP!

@Onkyo support: when is schedule next bug fix?

Thanks for support
--SG

Post Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:07 pm

Remote app Ver 1.2.1(170209a) now works properly on my android as soon as I have updated my NR656 firmware to lastest version.

It seems Fire connect new fonctionnality introduce non compatibility between firmware and App.

Hope it can help...

--SG

Post Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:25 am

I would like to say that I am a professional researcher certified from the Nottingham University and currently, I am doing research on Best Android Remote Apps 2017 which can easily control your PC, TV and other smart devices and this thread going to help me to finish my research paper.
No#1 Assignment Writing Help Services

Post Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:14 am

I had a similar issue before I understand the WiFi I was utilizing with my telephone was not inside an indistinguishable system from the Onkyo gadget. Write my Coursework The application was seaching the Onkyo player and prematurely end ...It's great since I change the WiFi organize on my telephone runing the remote application

Return to Onkyo Remote Apps