Board index Onkyo Europe Home Theater Systems SKS-HT588 + TX-NR656 : dolby atmos calibration & distance

SKS-HT588 + TX-NR656 : dolby atmos calibration & distance

Hi

I am using dolby atmos speaker set SKS-HT588 + receiver TX-NR656. So speaker setup is atmos 5.1.2 with front L/R height integrated speakers using ceilling reflexion. I have run the ACCU-EQ calibration process but i would like to check if mesurements are correct :
When in the distance settings screen, what distance should be given for front L/R height speakers ?
- direct distance between listing position and the speaker ?
- distance that include the ceilling reflexion (speaker to ceilling + ceilling to listening position) ?

There is also a dolby atmos integrated speaker configuration page that ask for distance to ceilling. What should be put there ? vertical distance to ceilling ? or distance from speaker to ceilling that include the angle for ceilling reflexion ?

Thanks for your help

Hi Ospring,

in the Setup Menu from the TX-NR656 in point 2.3 there you give in the distance from the height speakers to your listening position. In point 2.5 there you make the settings for the Atmos Speakers for the distance to the ceilling.

With best regards
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Return to Home Theater Systems