Board index Onkyo Europe Personal Audio/ Mini Systems C-N7050 - DSD audio files to play ??

C-N7050 - DSD audio files to play ??

Post Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Hi,

Could you please help me to setup C-N7050 to play DSD audio files?
thx,
gregi

Post Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:37 am

Hi gregi,

Please note the file extension has to be .dsf, .DSF. The sampling frequency 2.8224 MHz, 5.6448 MHz.

This unit does not support DSD when using the Play To feature of Windows Media Player.

When playing back audio files over a network, the types of file formats that can be played back also depend on the software running on the network server. For example, when using Windows Media Player 11, not all audio files on the computer can be played back. Only audio files that have been added to the Windows Media Player 11 library can be played back.

Audio Output (in the Settings)

Make the audio output (digital/analog) settings. Select one of the three modes according to the D/A conversion characteristics. This section mainly describes about digital output. Analog output signals are basically D/A converted audio signals.

Mode 1: This mode converts the signals to PCM 44.1/48 kHz, which can be handled by most devices.

Audio with PCM 48 kHz or more sampling frequency will be down-converted to PCM 44.1/48 kHz before being output.

DSD audio will be digitally output at PCM 44.1 kHz.

Mode 2 (default setting): Use this mode for a device compatible with up to PCM 192 kHz digital signal input.

Audio with up to PCM 192 kHz sampling frequency will be output without conversion.

DSD audio will be digitally output at PCM 44.1 kHz.

Mode 3: This mode converts DSD signals to analog signals before outputting them.

DSD audio will not be digitally output.

Audio with up to PCM 192 kHz sampling frequency will be output without conversion.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:37 pm

thank you for the answer.

i have further question
does C-N7050 support DoP (DSD over PCM)?

i am using minim server and streamer, it just only work for option:
dsf:wav24;192 it does not work for dsf:dopwav

Post Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:53 pm

hi Onkyo Support,

it plays great DSD64(dsf) from USB(R).
but looks like DSD128 as well as WAV 176khz is not supported by USB(F/R), according to the manual.

questions:
1) how to play DSD files over NET ?
I am using MinimStreamer on NAS 214play Synology to stream any audio format including DSD.
I see that C-N7050 does not accept "dsf: dopwav" streaming? when it is converted to wav "dsf:wav24,192" it plays.

2) how can I play DSD128 natively? as it is written that it supports this format.

Any help? does it requires firmware upgrade? i do not see any new available.
thanks in adance, gregi

Post Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 am

Hello gregi,

DSD (.dsf, .DSF) with 5,6448 MHz and WAV with 176,4 kHz are supported on the USB Front. If it is working there it might be a problem with the NAS. If your files are not playable it is helpful to provide us the files for further investigation.
Kind regards
Customer Care

Pioneer & Onkyo Europe GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Susumu Shiotsuka, Kenji Maeyama, Akihiro Takada
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 44995
UST-IdNr. (VAT No).: DE 128238893

Post Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:45 pm

hi Onkyo,

how to play DSD(.dsf) file via network-Ethernet cable?

kind regards,
gn.

Post Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 pm

hi Onkyo,

Could you please support me and provide answer if, C-N7050 can support "DoP" stream for DSD files from audio servers?

Audio Minimserver DSD file conversion, dsf:dopwav stream comes to my player Onkyo C-N5070 via eth. cable
and it shows format 24bit/176.4kbit/s in Onkyo but no sound from player. like no D/A conversion.

but when I send streams:
2) flac:wav24;176
3) dsf:wav24;176
everything is OK,
means player/renderer support 24/176 format.

if not is it a chance to support DSD DoP stream in feature software release?

Return to Personal Audio/ Mini Systems